Saturday, October 27, 2018

Back to the Table

Many moons ago I got rid of almost all of the vinyl LPs I had. I did so because I had a record player that no longer functioned and I fully intended to replace all the albums with those wonderful space-saving CDs. I packed up all of my albums and took them to a local shop that bought used vinyl and discs. I can't recall how many records I sold or how much I got for them, but it couldn't have been enough; I'm now regretting have done that.


I didn't replace all of the albums I got rid of, but I did manage to build up a substantial CD collection. But now I find I am readying myself to rebuild my record collection. You see (like many people these days, I would imagine,) I recently purchased a turntable. This one to be exact:

And the first album I chose to play on it was this beauty:


Johnny Marr, Call the Comet, autographed by the man himself, which I purchased at his show at The Phoenix in Toronto, on October 19th. (And what a show it was! He played a good mix of solo, Electronic, and The Smiths. His version of "How Soon Is Now?" was particularly good.)

Two records which I never managed to get rid of:






Don't ask me why I kept these instead of all those albums by The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Cream. I also have an old copy of Pink Floyd's Animals. It'll be fun to play all three of these, and Johnny Marr, while I consider what to buy next.

The thing is, I don't know if I should buy vinyl versions of the CDs I have, or if I should just begin building a new collection altogether. That is, if I should just buy everything on vinyl from now on. If I do, where the hell am I going to put them all? Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.